Monday, April 25, 2011

Wedding Shower

Our Wedding Shower was a BLAST AND A HALF! Couldn't have asked for a better day...totally my style.
My sister, (matron of honor), ended up renting the upstairs of a pub which was the perfect atmosphere for my kind of shower.  Just completely laid back and fun!  The food was great and the staff was excellent!  We had two waitresses for about 40 people and my glass was never empty....which I am still  regretting two days later but the hangover was definitely worth it haha!

We all played a questions game all about me and Jordan which turned out to be pretty funny because I didn't even know some of the questions.  I was hesitant at first to play any because I LOATHE ice breaker games but it really was the perfect way to start getting people engaged.

I opened up our presents after the game and I was so stunned/happy at some of the gifts we received.  There was literally not one thing that I didn't like or though we would have to return.  Here are a couple of things that  people were kind enough to get us:

  • Kureg single cup coffee maker, k-cups, and k-cup holder.  Perfect for me because Jordan doesn't drink coffee and I won't have to waste a whole pot.
  • Lots of cooking sets! (pots, knifes, dinnerware etc)
  • Ipad2.  Enough said. Still can't believe my friends got that for us!
  • Recipe Book.  This gift is extra special because my Mom and Mother in Law to be filled it with each of their favorite recipe's.  Such a thoughtful gift that I will use all of the time and cherish forever!
After I opened the presents people mingled with each other and then we went downstairs to hangout at the bar.  Jordan had joined us by then and he was in his glory just being one of the "girls". Haha...I'm not kidding.

Anyway the day went off without a hitch and I am so thankful for my friends and family who came out and joined us for the day.  Unfortunately Jordan's side of the family is from St. Louis and Canada so they couldn't make it but I know they were thinking about us and sending their well wishes.  I'm truly lucky for all of the wonderful people in my life.

Here are a couple of pictures from the day!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing shower!!! Exciting! I love those Kureg coffee makers - they are just fabulous!

    The recipe book is awesome - my sister got one of those when she got married from the women at her church and she still loves it - 10 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you had a great day:)))A memory for life and now you have the BIGGEST day of them all coming up! Exciting!!! I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach before the BIG day..total Happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun. That's awesome you got a Kureg, I hear they're pretty sweet.

    Great blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete