Wednesday, April 20, 2011

T Minus 2 Weeks

UNTIL MY FIRST WEDDING DRESS FITTING<---YIKESSS

Well I figured I should give an update on my Bridal Bod progress and link up with FTLOB Getting Fit Feature.

 

If you read a few posts ago I had been going to boxing as a way of switching things up in terms of working out.  My friend Amanda and I haven't been in a couple of weeks because the classes were becoming too big and we didn't get enough one on one attention from the trainers as we had hoped.  We haven't given up on it completely but we definitely need a break.  It's no fun standing around making up your own boxing exercises because the trainers are too busy with the other 35 girls.

With that said, I absolutely LOVED the way it made my muscles feel and it was something fun and different to do other than the same exercises at the gym.  I'm sure I'll get back there at some point or I'll just have to install my own punching bad in the cellar and work out with Jordan.  He has got to have some good boxing tips right?  After all he is a hockey player and has had his share of fights.

Yikes, look at that killer at the 32 second mark haha
 Anyway, since my little break from boxing a have gotten back to my original Bridal bod routine which includes:
  •  1 hour of cardio 3 days a week
  •  1/2 our of cardio and "Tough Mudder" workout 2-3 days a week
If you read the second bullet and think "what the hell is the Tough Mudder workout?", I don't blame you.  I had no idea what it was until a few months ago when a co-worker asked me if I wanted to participate.

The Tough Mudder is a 10-12 mile INTENSE obstacle course that you can run either by yourself or on a team.  Honestly it looks like a lot of fun, (when your not thinking about the 10+ miles you have to run),  and it seems to be a real "character building" experience.  You really have to push yourself mentally and physically through training and the actual event.  If your trying to imagine this obstacle course just think about those crazy Real World/ Road Rules challenges and then times the intensity of the obstacles by 10.  Or if your lazy like me, just click on the link to the website here

Unfortunately the Tough Mudder event being held in Vermont was sold out by the time I looked into signing up, but none the less I have still be "training" for it.  There is an AMAZING training and prep section on the website that I have been using to get in shape for the wedding and it really has been a great resource. 

Now, as someone who has had to train for soccer and other sports most of my life I wasn't expecting something I couldn't handle in terms of exercise.   I am not unfamiliar with serious lifting or conditioning so as I read over the training prep for the tough mudder I thought to myself  "oh, that doesn't seem so bad". 

But boy was I wrong.

The first time I tried to do the entire workout in one sitting I almost passed out.  On my second attempt I nearly tossed my cookies (yeah I know, TMI).  And finally on my third try I realized I would have to break the workout up over two days, given that I am not the young pup I once used to be.
Breaking the workout up over two days has been working out really well and keeps things interesting day to day at the gym.   I highly recommend this workout if you have "upper body" problem areas like I do, i.e. arms and shoulders, and can assure you will see results rather quick if you do the exercises properly.

Since I only have 2 weeks until my first dress fitting I've really been kicking things up a notch and have been putting in double gym sessions....yikes!  So in case you are wondering, yes I am THAT girl you see drenched in sweat and huffing a puffing louder then anyone else at the gym.  Hot I know, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

 Hopefully all this hard work pays off and the women at the bridal shop say something along the lines of: "Oh my gosh this dress doesn't even fit you anymore, your so skinny" or "Your lucky you get free alterations girlfriend because this dress needs to be taken in at least 4 sizes"


Haha a girl can dream can't she? :o)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're looking great and you will wow them when you go in for your fitting!

    I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, I will check it out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I am such a girl- I love wedding dresses, I had two weddings and two dresses, but I wold love an excuse to do it again.

    I hope your fitness plan and fitting goes well.

    Enjoy,

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm stopping by from For The Love Of Blogs- Let's Get Fit!
    Tough Mudder sound fun but at my age I don't think I have the energy for something so intense.

    hanizeyecandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from FTLOB's!
    I totally am familiar with the toss the cookies syndrome..lol!
    You have a awesome weekly workout routine..good stuff!

    ReplyDelete