Thursday, February 3, 2011

Am I back in Finland?



It sure feels like it.  It has been snowing like CrAzY in Massachusetts and all around the States lately.  I've spent MANY hours in my car trudging along the highway watching people slip off the road and get into some serious fender benders the past couple days.  What's up with this weather?  I have to laugh at myself for asking this question because this is not even CLOSE to what it's like in Finland....but still...is it almost Spring yet?


This weather has caused me to go on a SERIOUS blogging hiatus which I am not cool with. So I'M BACK...and with a vengeance.  Expect some good reading material from me in the next couple of days!

Speaking of Finland, the season is winding down for Jokipojat and I should expect to see Jordan at Logan airport in a couple of weeks...Wohoo!! Yes my friends, I am EXTREMELY excited but I'm not sure I can say the same for my man.  I have to say this season has been less than stellar for Jordan playing in Finland.  I think he had a hard time getting used to the size of the ice, a new position for most of the season, a coach change, no one speaking English on the ice, and getting used to the Finnish style of play.  Not that I am making excuses for him (well i guess I sort of am) but I think these all contributed to a less than awesome season for him  Not to mention his team, who won the championship last year, is now most likely not even making playoffs.  Just plain old crappy season for Jokipojat as a whole.

I guess we just gotta make like Jay-Z and move on to the next one.

So with the last few weeks of the season always comes the dreaded "End of Season Lull".  I would like to take full credit for coining this phrase if other hockey WAGs (unfortunatley) experience this ;o).  What is the End of Season Lull might you ask?  Well it's that point of the season where you are talking on the phone (if you are in a long distance relationship) and you have absolutley NOTHING to say to eachother.  Now this may only happen between me and Jordan but I suspect it HAS to happen for other couples too.  Especially those couples who have been together for a long time and who have been doing the long distance thing for a while.....am I right?  Anyway This end of season Lull is nothing new....I think it has been happening every year since Jordan has turned Pro.  None the less, I am so over it.  Let me give you an example:

Jordan: Heyyy babe whats up
Me: Oh Nothing..you know...same old same old

Me: What are you up to?
Jordan: Ummm nothing much...

silence ensues...........

Me: How was practice?
Jordan: Good

more silence....

Me: Cool......

..............

Ok I am not going to make you endure the End of season Lull that I have to go through  but you get the point.  And I might be exaggerating a tad...but that example is really not too far off.

It's not that we didn't do something that day or something else is actually going on that we could talk about but it's just "whatever".  And it's not one person or the other... (ok it's secretly Jordan but I am active participant in the conversation so he can't take ALL of the blame...love you hunny :o). There is just no excitement in the end of season  when your team is doing bad.  This makes two season's in a row the Lull has been painfully strong.  Luckily I am pretty used to the Lull now because if I weren't I think I would be seriously questioning our status as a couple...or questioning how interesting of a person I actually am haha.  Anyway the Lull should be over in about 2 weeks...wish me luck until then!

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that u are excited to have him back!!! I guess I have to wait a little bit longer for my hubby to return;)And I wish u good luck with that Lull thing..hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that conversation ... that's like 90% of our conversations. When we were first together, I would do or say anything to keep him on the phone. I just liked hearing his voice. I'd always end up disappointed because he'd end up saying something like, "I just don't have anything else to say." Then my feelings would be hurt. Now I've learned to keep it short and sweet. "How was the game? Good. We're fine, same old. Talk to you tomorrow. Love ya." So funny how things change!

    ReplyDelete