Friday, February 11, 2011

Operation Keep Busy...aka Valentines Day

I know it's a little early to be blogging about Valentines Day but I rarely get a chance to post anything on the weekend so seeing that Valentines day this year is on Sunday I'm getting a post in today :o)

EDITED: Yes I realized that Valentines Day was actually today (Monday) after I posted this on Friday BUT like I said, I don't have to time on the weekends to blog.  Post is still relevant though :o)

Anyway, I have to admit I have a SERIOUS love/hate relationship with this day....(mostly hate, but I'm not looking to be a debbie downer today haha).  Why in world could I hate such a day? A day that serves as a reminder to celebrate the love you share with your significant other....A day that usually means fun presents you wouldn't normally get day in and day out....A day that is usually filled with love and romance...

Well it's because I haven't gotten to actually spend this 'day' with the one I love in 5 years.  Now years past, I have filled this void with activities such as the Valentines Day Massacre.  What in the HELL could that be might you ask?  Well it was actually a anti-valentines day beer pong tournament we had our Junior and Senior year of college.  I don't particularly know why, but we all decided it would be best to wear jerseys or have matching team uniforms and just spend valentines day having a huge party.

Class'n it up on V-day Junior Year





Keepin the tradition going Senior Year



Once we graduated I LUCKILY, had good friends back home to keep me occupied and we had an "8th grade dance" style Valentines day party.




Insert a year or two of "wallowing" by myself and thus leads us to this years Valentines day.  I hate to say it but my "valentines massacre" and "act like it's an 8th grade dance and get wasted" days are over. (p.s. I never drank in 8th grade I was just trying to think of a clever name haha)  Yes, unfortunately I've had to "grow up" realize I can't party like I used to and settle for a low key Valentines day. 

To be honest I'm ok with that this year ONLY because I get to spend it with my favorite girl in the world, my niece Julia :o)




So for those of you who have to be away from your Significant Other this Valentines Day I totally feel for you....I suggest keeping as busy as you can! It has worked for me in years past.  Those of you who get to spend some face to face time with the one you love, please try to enjoy it and be thankful.  Hopefully this will be the last Valentines Day I have to spend without my main squeeze so I most definitely look forward to actually being able to see him on this day for years to come!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome party! Even with my valentine, I would totally celebrate Vday in style like this now :)
    Ya'll are too cute, glad you shared the pictures. And I just realized that ya'll went to Merrimack. The hubs played with a few players from Merrimack. Always a small hockey world, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh I feel your pain!!! Its been forever since I spent this day with Pat too. Oh and I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks Texa! Yep went to Merrimack, I wonder if Jordan and your man know eachother? The hockey world is CRAZY small haha. Hope you have a good V-day with the hubs!

    Yeah Desi, it sucks....but at least you have another special Valentine to spend the day with! An EXTREMELY cute one I might add!

    ReplyDelete