Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dumb Blogger

Rest a-sure, I am talking about myself :o)

Sooo I don't think I can consider myself a "new blogger" anymore but MAN OH MAN, it seems like it.  Thanks to Ky @ Travel bables for introducing me to For The Love of Blogs because they have an awesome tips and tricks page for new bloggers and how to get started.  I was shocked when I found out that I don't even have the basics down.  For instance...I never realized that I didn't have a Google Friend connect button (or as I refer to it a "follow me" button) which is one of the first steps to blogging.  How am I supposed to get followers if they can't find a way to follow me?  Next dumb move....pages.  Sure I've seen them on other blogs but I guess I never really took the time to investigate adding them to my blog.  Anyway, I thought I would let you bloggers know that I have added a GFC button and some new pages if your interested!

5 comments:

  1. You're not dumb at all!!!!!!!! You can have followers=readers without a GFC button. GFC followers is just a list of who clicked that button. And after all, not everyone uses Google to blog. I don't, and I never click people's GFC buttons because it's useless when I don't use Google. I keep blogs in my browser bookmarks instead, and the very favourites on my blogroll list.
    That being said, I installed the Networked blogs follow-me widget because people were asking for one.
    Pages weren't obvious for me either... I didn't think I had anything to make pages about. But I'm making some now as well..
    But still - you're NOT dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't FTLOB great! They've helped me get my site organized better. Your site is great for a beginner. I'll be following it and look forward to exchanging comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny!!! Reminds me of myself. LOL Isn't @Travel_Babbles AWESOME! Love her and her awesome bloggy knowledge!

    ReplyDelete