Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wedding Part 1-The Rehearsal

I swear I am alive and well!

Jordan and I JUST finished celebrating our wedding.  Yeah that's right...we had a 2 week long celebration...no big deal...:o)

Anyway, there are so many things to tell you about that I figured it would be best to break it up in parts.  So here goes...

Part 1. The Rehearsal

The day started off pretty nice and relaxing.  I hung out by the pool.  Read a good book.  Had a little cocktail.  Fast Forward three hours and BAM it's go time.

My friend Holly and I began to get ready at her house.  We both picked out cute little sun dresses that were fit for the Newport occasion, and kept up our hair and make up light.  We were all ready to go and as we drove out of her driveway it dawned on me....
 
SHIT. I forgot all of my wedding documentation at work.

No big deal right? I'll just drive there and pick up up, right? WRONG. My work is over a two hour commute from where we were headed and I was already late for picking up my dress.

Here is the conversation that ensued:

Hillary: Guess I'll just have to wing it
Holly: Well what do you really need in there?  Doesn't the wedding coordinator have everything?
Hillary: Yes the wedding coordinator has ALMOST everything.
Holly: What do you mean ALMOST?
Hillary: Well she DEFINITELY DOESN'T HAVE MY VOWS!!

Panic mode and wedding stress start to kick in.

Not going to lie...we cracked the bottle of wine we had in the car faster then you could even imagine haha.  After a few sips I was back in laid back Hillary mode again. 

This wasn't too big of a deal..I definitely had time to write them again.  It wasn't like I had written a novel. But then I realized I forgot a couple other key things....for instance: the ceremony readings.

Drifting back into panic mode.....Into the Hyatt under-prepaired we go!

Luckily my Aunt and Mother in Law are awesome (and know me well enough) and had already printed their own copies of the readings. PHEW! Huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, and now it was time to have fun at the rehearsal.

So we headed out to the lighthouse on this beautiful day and began rehearsing our ceremony.  Here are a couple of pictures from the day:




After the ceremony rehearsal we were all ready to relax and have a few (too many) drinks at the Atlantic Beach Club where our dinner was being held.

Dinner was great and it was so nice to see our friends and family that had traveled down to Newport that day.  At the end of the dinner my Dad surprised us with a slide show of about 2 million pictures of me and Jordan when we were kids which was really sweet.  He put a lot of time and effort into it (so Dad if you are reading, thank you!!) and it came out really nice.  I have to say...the music selection was something else though and we got a kick out of some of the songs.  Lets just say the music ranged from Barbara Streisand to J-LO and Pitbull haha.  Here he is doing his welcome speech and a few other pics from dinner:






After the slide show we made our way outside to the bar area and began our own little celebration by the beach.  We had an awesome time just hanging out with everyone and mingling between friends and family.  Thank GOD we had a day in between the rehearsal and wedding day because we certainly did not go easy.  A few too many washington apple shots/glasses of chardonnay I'd say but it was all in good fun :o)


 
That's all she wrote for the wedding rehearsal, stay tuned for Wedding Part 2!!

2 comments: