Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Part 2- Getting Ready (the calm before the storm...or in this case the other way around)

If the Rehearsal was a taste of what was to come on the big day we were certainly in for a treat :o)

We began the day by starting on our hair bright and early.  My friend Holly who is in hairdressing school was kind enough to do all of the bridesmaids and my hair for the big day. 1 hairdresser+ 5 heads =start getting ready at the crack of dawn.

Me and my bridesmaids hung out in our hotel room for most of the morning and afternoon I finally decided it would be best to start writing my vows since I had forgotten the originals at work. I'm not going to lie, I had a little help from google but most of what I wrote came from the heart. I have to say the new vows came out even better then the ones I had wrote before.  Rumor has it the groom was on the same page and had some google help as well haha.

About an hour and a half before the ceremony started I went down to the Spa at the Hyatt and had my make up done.  I'm going to give some advice to any of you ladies out there who are looking to get your make up done professionally:

If you are already GOOD at doing your own make up, DO NOT pay the money to get it done professionally. 

I left the place FUMING.  I am no Bridezilla by any means but I was thoroughly pissed when I looked into the mirror after she was finished.  It looked like nothing special was done to my face.  The make up looked OK but what I had envisioned after paying an arm and a leg was nothing like what I saw in the mirror.  I was expecting to see the best make up job that had ever been applied to my face.  I was not happy after I left and I pretty much ended up re-doing it all myself.

Needless to say my mood was pretty sour after that.  I know I shouldn't have let it get to me but I was seriously let down.  With that said, stress levels were at an all time high and it wasn't helping that there were eight women cramped getting ready together in this one small room. So... I had a minor freak out.

Let me back up.  Yes I was pissed about my make-up but that wasn't the only thing that caused my mini meltdown.

Not two minutes after I made my way back up to my room with my bad make up job did my Mom start freaking out about the flowers.  The florist had delivered my bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets to my room but it seemed that we were missing all of the boutonnieres and the mothers/grandmother flowers.  Mom starts freaking which caused me to start freaking out.  Can anyone get a hold of the florist? No. Can anyone get a hold of the wedding coordinator? No.

That went on till about 15 minutes before the ceremony and then the real stressing news hit.  We have to move the ceremony inside, it's about to pour outside.  Not that this ended up being a big deal, but everything that I had envisioned for my ceremony kind of sort of came crashing down.  Not to mention this was 15 minutes before I had to walk down the aisle.

Freak out ensues....I need alone time in the bathroom to breathe and get away from all of the stress and estrogen in the room.  I actually ended up adding a couple other lines to my vows during this mini meltdown  which surprisingly/thankfully calmed me way down.  I realized that all of this stuff was nothing to be making myself crazy over....I had been missing the point.  The point was that this whole day was about me and Jordan sharing our love with friends and family...not about the "show" of things.  Who cares if my make up doesn't look glamorous? Jordan will think I'm beautiful anyway.  Who cares if the guys don't have boutonnieres? It's not like they already don't look nice in their tux's. Who cares if we have to move out ceremony inside? The love we share and the vows we take will be exactly the same.

After getting a grip and remembering what was important about the day I was ready to come out and put my dress on.  I kind of felt bad for the photographer because she had just arrived at my room when I was was having my bridezilla moment , but she was a trooper and I'm sure she has seen much worse.

Here are a couple of pics from getting ready and putting the dress on. 

 This is my pissed face getting my make up done haha

And this is me storming off to my room haha...good picture of my hair though, thanks Holl!


 The beautiful flowers!

The Wedding Dress

And here it is...putting on the dress and getting laced up!

Hope you have enjoyed the pics so far, stay tuned for Part 3-The ceremony!

2 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! Well I am glad it all came together. I have actually never got my makeup done because I am afraid that I could do it better. Hey, been doing it on this face for 15 years, why stop now :) Looking forward to chapter 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Texa! Yeah, I had a funny feeling I wasn't going to be happy with it from the get go. I wish I was thinking the same way as you...if it aint broke, why fix it? haha

    ReplyDelete