Friday, June 17, 2011

Absolute Whirlwind

I can't even keep up with everything going on in my life right now!

Last weekend Jordan and I drove up to Canada for the weekend to visit his family, have a small bridal shower, and celebrate his grandparents 50th anniversary.  We had a TON of fun visiting and catching up with everyone.  I told Jordan it was the first time in 7 years that I had been with his entire family in one spot.  Unfortunately we don't a chance to do that often because we are all scattered over MA, STL, and Canada.  Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:

The family out in Kingston watching the B's vs Canucks...I'm wearing the wrong colors in this one...GO BRUINS!

Me and one of my bridesmaids, Kelsey

Me and my Mom-in law to be :o)


Canadian tradition, hats instead of ribbon bouquets.  Thanks Jane for an awesome shower!!

The Happy Couple at their 50th Wedding Anniversary!

Jordy and his Uncle Rik...Happy Birthday big guy!

We ended our trip visiting with Jordan's Dad side of the family and had a great cook out!  Jordy with his Dad and Brother.

Since our trip to Canada Jordan and I have been SUPER busy with wedding stuff and getting things ready for the move to England. The small details are KILLER I tell ya.

I decided a good way to save some $ is to create our own wedding programs, table #'s, and guest cards.  The wedding programs I created are cute/different but TEDIOUS to complete.  Here is a little sample of what they are going to look like:


I've started to glue these to program paper, embossed the corners and added ribbon to each of them.  I've got 20 done so far....I've got 100+ more to make...YIKES!

For the table #'s I decided to coordinate them with pictures of Jordan and I at that age.  For example table #5 is a picture of one of us at age 5.





I haven't started on the guest cards yet but I'm expecting it to be just as tedious as making the programs.  Hopefully I get everything done next week so I'm not stressing the week before the wedding.  Can you believe it's only two weeks away? I can't.  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous and I can honestly say I'm as calm as can be and just more excited then anything. 

I would love for things to calm down a bit but it doesn't look like they are going to.  I'm going to the Bruins Stanley Cup parade tomorrow which should be WILD, finishing up wedding details next week, the actual wedding the following week, Honeymoon in Cancun after that, then start prepping for England and then finally moving.  WHIRLWIND to say the least!

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on things but cut me some slack, this girls whole life is being turned upside down right now and I couldn't be happier about it :o)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the table numbers!!! I did a lot of the same stuff myself... it was a pain in the BUTT!! But so worth it :) I love doing crafts, just not 175 of the same thing at the same time. haha. Enjoy all of the exciting things you have to come over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - not sure if the picture is the exact program you have printed out, but I just realized... it says "oder" instead of "order"! Just wanted to make sure before you do 100+ of them! haha. The picture as the background of them is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH CRAP haha...yeah that is the exact one. Good thing it only cost $19 to print....and I've only made 20 so far haha. Looks like I'll be making another trip to CVS. Thanks for catching that CMD!! haha oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like ya'll are having a great summer! And the picture idea for the tables, soooo cute. Love it. Have fun planning away, I am sure it will here in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I said something then! haha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the small pics of u guys! So cute:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO HILS & JORDY--you think you two are the only ones now excited?? After that super 50th party with all of the family,Bets & Wink are ready to rumble with you.So be ready & we will be so thrilled to meet your friends too!
    LOVE YOU WINK & BETTY WILSON

    ReplyDelete