Monday, March 7, 2011

My Favorite Thing About European Hockey: The EARLY Off Season

Granted Jordan's season came to an end a lot earlier than most player's in Europe right now, but still......it's so nice to know we won't have to potentially wait around till the end of May for it to be over.  Here's what we have been doing in the off season so far!
This past weekend we went to Sunday River in Maine with my family and took a much needed break from the Boston daily grind. Well I guess I just needed the break but either way we both had a really great time.  This was Jordan's second time skiing in 13 years (first time was in Finland ) due to hockey contracts, concern for injury, and snow being melted when he was done with the season.  We decided if we are lucky enough to ever make it to Austria for hockey or just to travel, we are DEFINITELY skiing the Alps!

5 comments:

  1. So nice to have an early season endning! I just hope that the hubs team goes all the way now since they are gonna be in playoffs:P Great pics btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so jealous! Have a fun time! And enjoy the off time for me too right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get to the Alps.. you have to have to check out Seefeld, Austria (There is a team in Innsbruck 20min away) Or Davos, Switzerland (There is a team there also) Both places are truly breathtaking!! When your in Finland you'll HAVE to go up and see Lapland too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mrs. K, I hope your hubs team goes far! Mind as well win a championship if they've made it this far ;o)

    @Texa, You got it girl! I'm sure your husbands season will be over sooner than you know it too ;o)

    @AJ, Thanks for the info! I'll keep those places in mind when I convince Jordan to make the trip ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SO much fun! I didn't get to go skiing in Italy because my husband was injured and we had Linden. Just too much, logistically. Maybe next year ;)

    ReplyDelete