Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lots of catching up!

OK OK I KNOWWW I haven't blogged in over a month but this girl has been busy!  Hopefully I have some loyal "Everything Fin" fans out there still :o)

Alright where to start;  Jordan's team is ranked 3rd  right now in the Mestis league and has 35 games left to play.
Jordan and his team have been playing much better from the beginning of the season. They have made changes in the lines and are starting to get some team chemistry.  Jordan is on 3rd line right now playing RIGHT WING!! Thats right, a new position for him.  I talked to him about it and he said that it's working out really well.  He said the ice is just so much bigger in Finland that he can play that position but act as if he was still playing center.  Check out the HUGE rink/ice!

 
Jordan also has a new line mate, (Samu Pitkanen), who works really well with his style of play. 
Currently Jordan has 1 goal and 7 assists for a total of 8 points in 11 games (per elite prospects website).  He also had his best game of the season so far the other night and got second star of the game!

Jordan said that the coach made a speech after the game to all of the guys in the locker room and singled him out saying that Jordan has contributed so much to the team the past four games and everyone else should step it up to play at his level!  Great Job 2-6 we are all proud of you back here in North America!

Hmm other than hockey Jordan said he has been having a good time with the guys when they go out.  Nothing new to report there really...I guess the normal thing after a big win is to drink beer in the locker room, drink beer the in sauna, go to one of the guys apartments to play some games and then go out to the bar.  Usually I'll get a phone call after that...say 4:00 am his time/9 pm my time with an update of his activities throughout the night.  The last phone call I got was him telling me that he was really happy that hockey is going so well but that he missed everyone back home.  So for all of you that don't get to talk to him that often I am relaying the message to you that he misses you!!  He also let me know that his roommate reminds him alot of me because he trips, hits his had, and has absolutley no coordination when it comes to anything else beyond sports haha.  Thanks honey, glad to know that special part of me is with you in Finland haha.

Speaking of people/things from home, he has received a bunch of packages from people so far and has really appreciated each and every one of them.  People alaways ask what to send him so I thought I would make a list here for you all to reference:

Chew-In no way do I condone this
French Dressing
Subway giftcard
Wheat thins
Wheat Pasta
Macaroni and Cheese
iTunes giftcard
Winter Hats
Pictures
Ketchup Chips
American Express Giftcard

And thats all I can think of so far.  Completely random things but you know Jordan...he doesn't really tell me too many specifics.  A little fair warning before you send him a package...it is REALLY expensive.  It cost my parents $50 to send him a 10lb box but if any of you want to send him a package and need his address just message me on facebook/send me an email.

Alright thats all I got for today.  Please understand that getting information from Jordan is like pulling teeth....literally...but I promise I will be more on the ball with the blog since there are so many Jordan Fox fans out there :o)  I will leave you all with a new player picture they posted of him.....definitely the best one I have seen of him yet!!

                

No comments:

Post a Comment