Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I've been avoiding this....

Because there really isn't any update to give you on my Mom's surgery.

Last Friday she ended up being admitted into the Emergency Department because her blood-sugar levels were way off.  I'm pretty sure normal blood sugar level is 100-200, (but don't take my word for that I'm not a clinician or a diabetic), and hers was through the roof at 600.  Needless to say she wasn't strong enough to have the surgery.

She has been doing much better since she has been in the hospital and her blood sugar level is now down to 200.  She was actually scheduled for the surgery yesterday but got bumped because the surgery scheduled before her's took longer then expected.  Now we just have to play the waiting game until Friday when she is scheduled again.

I can't imagine what she's really feeling like throughout this whole process.  She told me she just wants it to be done and over and that shes frustrated that things keeps getting in the way.....but truly she must be exhausted.  I know me and the rest of my family are.

It's hard when you are told that the surgery is going to be done and it never ends up happening.  I have found myself mentally and emotionally prepping for it everyday since Friday and it really takes a lot out of you.  I can't help but think to myself when I get off of the phone with her, "was that last time I'm going to talk to her?"  I know I'm putting added pressure on myself by thinking that things like that but I just can't help it.

She is coming home for the next two days and I'm going to spend as much time as possible with her before she goes back for the surgery Friday.  Hopefully she'll feel better in her own environment and eating her own food so that she is healthy and strong enough for surgery Friday.

I don't know, maybe the surgery wasn't meant to be until this Friday?  Maybe it was in God's plan to keep getting it pushed back?  I'm not a super religious person but I had a terrible feeling about the surgery last Friday and I honestly didn't think she was going to make it.  Maybe pushing the surgery back was God's way of keeping her safe and answering all those prayers said for her out there.

With that said, I want to thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.  They are truly appreciated and have helped get my mom get stronger for surgery this time around.  I'll keep you posted on how everything goes on Friday. 

***STAYING POSITIVE & FINGERS CROSSED***

5 comments:

  1. We'll be thinking of you mother and your family on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Friday goes well for her and you all. Definitely saying extra prayers for her! Enjoy the time at home with your mother. Please keep us updated! Stay strong! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, thinking about you and your family. Sending well and healing wishes to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be keeping her in my prayers over the next couple of days! Hang in there as I know that things like this can be exhausting. I've been on the wait list for almost a year and a half in waiting for a spinal implant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hillary, I hope your mom is doing okay. I've been thinking of and praying for you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete