Thursday, December 16, 2010

Continued...

My computer was acting funny with that video attached in the last post so this is just a continuation.

Anyway I cannot believe my trip is finally here! It has been a long 5 months but at the same time it feels like it's flown by. THANK GOD for friends and family to keep me occupied.  Work weeks aren't that bad because I keep busy.  I usually don't get home till 7:30-8:00 because of my commute/gym, then I come home, shower, watch my shows and then hit the hay.  I find it's the weekends that have made it so hard.  Sundays are always a killer because that is our day to just relax and be bums and cuddle.  Doing that with anyone else just isn't the same.  So needless to say I am definitely looking forward to doing that in the 16 days I will be in Finland.

I am also looking forward to the mini vacation we have planned.  We are going to Tahko ski resort for a few days which should be a lot of fun!  I guess it's 2 hours away from Joensuu and Jordan has reserved the team car for us to to travel there with.  This car ride should be interesting because first off I'm not positive that Jordan knows how to drive a standard...and I certainly don't lol.....and second, I hear Finland is tough to drive through in general.  Jordan said a guy on his team has a GPS we can borrow so hopefully we'll be able to get there without any navigation fights...still questionable though haha.

Our plan of action is to drive up there on Sunday, hang out and explore the place, then go out to a nice dinner and relax a bit.  Monday we are hitting the slopes all day!  Well actually I'm not sure if we'll be skiing all day because it's supposedly a very small mountain. Either way it will be fun to watch Jordan ski because he hasn't done it since he was like 12.  Buuuut I have actually learned my lesson with that....He told me the same thing about water skiiing (that he hadn't done it since he was really young) so I thought he was going to be really bad and that I would look like an all-star compared to him........nope........he litterally blew me out of the water.  That was the last time I"ll ever underestimate him when it comes to physical activity haha.  But still....I think I got this one in the bag hehe ;o)

The next couple of day's we're either going to ski some more, snowboard, or go ski-doo'n.  It will be a lot of fun with lots of activites.  I have made sure to bring my extra warm ski stuff because I'm SURE it will be the coldest conditions I have ever ski/snowboarded in.  We'll have to pick up a couple of bottles of wine and maybe cook some hot toddy's for us to warm up with after spenging the day in the freezing cold!

Anyway after our mini-vaca we'll come back to Joensuu and have Christmas together.  It will be our first Christmas away from family which is kind of sad but at the same time it will be nice to spend it together and start our own tradition.  Hopefully we can work out a time to skype everyone in St. Louis and Boston so we can see what's going on and get all of the great Xmas gossip!

After Chistmas Jordan will go back to practice and to his regular schedule and I'll actually get a taste for how things will be next year when I move to Europe with him .  This should be a nice little prep for someone who has never lived outside the states OR as a "live-in" hockey wife.  Let the games begin haha.

The last really exciting thing I am looking forward to in my time there will be New Years Eve.  Last year was the first NYE in 5 years that we hadn't spent together and we said we would NEVER do that again.  I actually don't know what we'll be doing ( I'm assuming we'll just be going to a bar) but it will be a really cool to experience NYE in Finland.  I don't think many Americans can say they have had the opportunity to spend NYE abroad, let alone Finland so i'm sure it will be one I'll remeber forever!

Anyway I'm sure I'll find time to write a blog or two during my trip (but no promises haha).  I will have my iFlip and digital camera on me wherever I go so I will be sure to upload pics/videos when I get back to share with you all.  Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe,  HAPPY HOLIDAY and remember to be thankful of your loved ones, friends and family!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hill!!!

    I am so happy for you to be able to take this trip to see Jordan! I hope you have an awesome time and make some great memories! Everyone at home will miss you tons but we all know how long you have been waiting for this! We all love you both very much and I wish you a safe and exciting journey!!! Paige says Hi and good luck too!

    Love you guys!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete